I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Thursday, January 1, 2015

Weeks 8 and 9!

December 1-12
It's been a crazy busy two weeks. So I'm sorry for missing last week's updates! So  I will combine last week and this week together.
Last week in class we had a video series on Passions by Floyd McClung. Wow, they were amazing! I've never been taught on the importance of passions before. Floyd said, "Passions determine decisions and risks. They effect goals. They determine how you will respond to problems and conflicts. They effect priorities and how we use resources we have. They determine how you relate to others." It was a convicting week because for the first time ever I had to ask myself, "What are my passions?" and though I am still figuring them out, I have begun to realize some of my core passions. It's been exciting.
So many people out there sit at home and wait for signs from God to be called. I know my mentality has been guilty of this constantly. Sometimes I catch myself just wanting to sit down and wait silently for a sign from God when what I have come to learn is that God wants us to just go! God will nudge us in the right direction but He wants us to be at least moving.
People sit around and say, "Oh, I'll go somewhere if God calls me." I've heard that and probably said that so many times. What an ignorant thing to say! Because, in truth, if you are a Christ follower, YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED. We were all called to fulfill the great commission it just looks different for each of us. You don't have to be a missionary to the jungles of Asian countries to do this. We can fulfill this in our country. In our states. In our neighborhoods, workplaces and schools.
I know my thoughts are jumping around a bit. It's hard to look at all my notes (Floyd said some amazing things) and I'm horrible at passing on what I have learned. I wish this could give you all a glimpse of the powerful teachings I have been receiving here at Kairos.
I don't want to be a normal Christian. I want to be a dangerous Christian. I don't want to be idle (unless God has called me to a time of rest). I want my heart to be on fire for God. I want passions aligned with the perfect heart of God.
Before I move on to the more fun aspects of my last couple weeks, let me leave you with this quote from Floyd. "The Devil will be happy to confirm your disobedience if you hard your heart to the direction God would have you go." Always be wary, friends!

Tuesday morning, before class, we have worship times. A few weeks ago, Emma and I had the opportunity to lead worship. We wanted our focus to be on corporate prayer. We have 3 mason jars set up in class now. Two are for prayers and one is for answered prayers. We had everyone write their prayer requests on one side of a Popsicle stick and place them in the jars. Then, throughout the week the goal is to have people pick a handful up, take them home and pray over them. Then, the next day or whenever ready, replace the sticks with different sticks.

At my internship at Woodridge has been good. On a wednesday nights we have been making tie blankets for all the interns. It got to be my turn and this is my blanket! I love it! There is a personal reasoning behind the circles but I can't explain it very well. haha


I'm going to end this post short, mostly because it is super long and what I want to talk about next will be probably long to. SO, for now, this is it! I will try and blog more later!!

Love and appreciate you all!




Love this! I need to print this out :)

I’m part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made- I’m a disciple of his. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I’m finished and done with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean in his presence, walk by patience, am uplifted by prayer, and I labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way rough, my companions are few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the enemy, pander at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till he comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till he stops me. And, when he comes for his own, he will have no problem recognizing me. . . my banner will be clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment