I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Week 10! (With a snippet from 9!)

Before I dive into week 10, our last week before break, I want to talk to you about last week. We took a spiritual gifts test and finally got to see our results last week. I was super excited about it. We had a lot of fun seeing where everybody was in their giftings compared to the rest of the class. It was funny, I'm nearly opposite of my small group girls. We only came close a couple times. lol
Anyway, I thought I'd share my results with you! It was cool to learn more about myself. There are 7 gifts.
1. Serve is 92%
2.Give is 75%
3.Mercy is 55%.
Those were my top three. The others are (Exhort 50%, Admin 44%, Perceive 39% and Teach is 7%.

In a nut shell, my primary gifts are serving and giving. Mercy, which is like showing compassion, is my top "observed" gift. The top two are my significant gifts. My gifts of perceiving and teaching are my insignificant gifts. They are there just used less than the others. I hope this made a little sense. It was really cool to identify these gifts in my life and how I use them.
This test also gave a list of "Local church ministries matched to your gift-aptitude" and "Secular vocations matched to your gift-aptitude". These were very amusing to read. BUT my church ministry top two make total sense that they are there. My top two church ministries that match my gifts are working in the Nursery. Which if you know anything about me, it is that I LOVE working with babies. And my third top one was a small group leader which I love but haven't had much experience. I am so looking forward to this summer and having an opportunity to lead my own small group!
Oh yeah, and my secular vocations top three were Florist, Accounting and Accounts Payable Clerk....amusing to say the least. haha.

For week 10, we spent our class time learning about ethics. It was a hard week. Our world views expanded drastically. We spent time talking about fair trade, sex trafficking, taking care of the environment. It was a painfully needed week.
Internship was fun. We replaced the wrappers on water bottles with "Melted Snow" labels for the church's Frozen themed Sunday. I was out of town so I missed the frozen service! Boo! lol

And actually, going back to the Nursery work from my gifts. As soon as I get my internship dates, I will be put on the schedule to work more often in the Nursery. Lately, I just go in and see if they need help. I'm super excited to spend more time there. I love the babies. Just fills my heart with so much joy when I spend a morning with them.

At the end of the week we had a Christmas party for our class. It was a blast. My host family graciously let us use the room above the garage for the party. We decorated it with lights and wrapping paper. Looked fantastic! We played White Elephant and catered Olive Garden soups, salad and bread sticks! Yum! Not to mention the fantastic layout of goodies we had! And lots leftover! I packed a lot and brought it home with me to GA! haha! We had a lot of fun, playing question games and Uno.
I only got two pics from the night. My selfie was hilarious because the process of taking a selfie with a tablet and trying to get all the Christmas pins was frustrating. But my sweater was amazing! I got it from Goodwill for $4 and it's my favorite thing ever. P

robably a bit out of style but so comfy and warm! I'm happy and I don't care. haha
And in the other pic, notice the blankets wrapped around Casey and the two huddling in the corner for warmth. It was a little cold upstairs. haha

It was a pretty busy week. Non stop action ALL week.

No comments:

Post a Comment