I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Sunday, November 30, 2014

Week Seven!

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that it has been seven weeks, Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is just under a month away. In fact, I fly home in 19 days! I am so excited!!!
Last Sunday was an intern day at my church. I spent the first service in Treasure land which is like Children's Church. We packed Shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. It was a lot of fun working with Kindergarten girls and helping them pack the boxes. Afterwards, I went upstairs and greeted at the front doors. It was a beautiful day! It was wet with a slight chill in the air. Felt more like spring than winter! After greeting, I went and asked if they needed help in the Nursery. I was SO happy to find that they needed an extra set of hands. I spent the rest of the service mostly holding and playing with 4 or 5 month old Jordan. She was such a bundle of pure joy! I also held a 4 week old baby for a few minutes. To say I was content is to put it lightly. My heart is SO happy when I get to hold babies. It isn't work to me. If I could spend my life with babies, I'd be so happy! So, a goal of mine is to see how that could possibly play out in my future.

Monday was a slower day than normal. I think with the fact that Tuesday was our last full day at Kairos, I had a hard time focusing.

Just a handful of my thankfulls!
Tuesday was a great day. In the morning, as a part of worship, we wrote on sticky notes everything we are thankful for. After like 20 minutes we began to stick them up all over the room. We nearly covered everything! There wasn't any surface that was not touched by one of our sticky notes. It was a good time to sit down and truly acknowledge all the
blessings God has given us. If we had had time to actually write every single thing we were thankful for, we would not have enough wall space to put them up.For lunch we had a potluck lunch and invited all of Reign Ministries' staff to join us (Kairos and our staff are in the basement, Reign Staff for everything else is upstairs. We don't get to hang out very often). I made sweet potato casseroles (which I am glad i did because it was the only time I was able to eat it! No one made it on Thursday! :( If I had known that, I would have made some! lol) I also made deviled eggs. It felt good to cook for people again. I've only done it a couple times for my host family and they help out a lot!
I can't remember when but one of these days, Melissa put the lights on the tree! Not sure if we are putting anything else on the tree...haha
On Wednesday I decided to just let myself sleep in. Which I did, till 11am. I haven't slept in much the last seven weeks so I figured as the first day of break, I probably should let my body catch up. It felt good. I then spent a couple hours helping my host family label things for Scott's job. Which was fun. Then I just relaxed the rest of the day. I don't remember what else I did. I think I did laundry. lol just took it easy.
Thursday we drove an hour to Melissa's brothers home. Many of her family members were there and even some of Scott's family was there. Which made me happy because I know them better (his mom, brother and sister). Melissa's family was great. I spent a little while talking with some of them. A handful of her family are Christian's and I could tell which ones were. They were the ones who were very interested in getting to know me and what I am doing in Kairos. They asked so many questions. It was nice to feel relaxed around new people and be in conversations instead of hiding in a corner! haha
Friday I took another day to rest. I watched Netflix and cross stitched pretty much all day. Got a head start on some Christmas presents!
Saturday I caught up on Bible reading, worship planning and other Kairos stuff. Also cleaning my room and decorating for Christmas! One of my host sisters gave me a couple boxes of lights to put up in my room. I love it! Then I invited my youngest host sister to come down and play some Uno with me. We played crazy 8's and another game that I can't remember the name of. Fun bonding time.

Also, on Tuesday we started some prep work for our speaking blitz in January. When we visit schools and churches (in the MN area, sorry GA I won't be visiting during speaking blitz! lol)
We will be doing a couple skits along with testimonies. I got my part in a skit which is hilarious because it is totally type casted. My character is sooo much like me! I am really excited to be a part of this and can't wait for Speaking Blitz to start! Actually, I sorta can wait. It's crazy how fast things are going . Once Christmas break starts until March is going to be three months of non stop craziness! One week after break ends we go on Speaking blitz for like two weeks. Then a few days or week after that we are leaving for Honduras for two weeks! Then after Honduras we have a spring break for two weeks! March 11 kicks off 2nd Semester! Things will calm down from there until May when we have our Boundary Water's camping trip. Then in June, we finally have our summer trip with Royal Servants!! I cannot wait!!! Next year is going to be AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment