I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Friday, January 16, 2015

How could I forget????



So I realized today as I was going through and deleting pictures off of my computer that I had totally forgotten to share with you (and Facebook too!) my pics from Dec. 12, 2014 when we went to Operation Christmas Child. 
My job was the first in the line. I took the shoe boxes out of this big box and opened them and checked for money. A lot of times, donors put their checks for shipping and extra donations in the boxes. And any extra money is not allowed to be sent overseas. It could prove to be a danger for the child if they are seen with cash.
The boxes then move down the line where they are checked. If scanty, we add more filling things (small toys and such). Then it is taped up and packed up!
I loved seeing all the packed boxes and how awesomely people packed them! It definitely changes my perspective on how I pack future boxes. Seeing the fully packed plastic boxes compared to the scantily packed paper boxes. 
Seeing the difference, and not to cast judgement or anything, but it broke my heart. And I know, some boxes are packed by kids. But adults need to recheck the boxes and add things. These kids in other countries deserve more than some of those boxes I saw. 
It was just a real good reality/heart check. 
Like this box down here, "Put your hand on mine and together we can pray to Jesus!" 
That was just too cute! 
If you are going to fill a box, do it right. It's so much more fulfilling! 








No comments:

Post a Comment