I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Friday, January 9, 2015

Week 13!

 Hey all! Hope you all are well and staying warm this beginning of January! This week back at Kairos has been AMAZING. It is so amazing that I have to split it up into two posts. The life changing post will come after this boring weekly update ;) haha

I flew in on Saturday the 3rd. My flight was good. No bags were lost and I wasn't lost either. That is always a plus. And I sat next to a cute guy so I'm not complaining. haha... I spent the rest of the day unpacking and reading "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" by Jim Cymbala. Talk about impact full! That book has ignited my prayer life tremendously. I highly encourage you to read it, or re-read it!
On Sunday we went shopping. I finally bought my water bottles I would need for my mission trips. Nalgenes are #1 !!! I'm so excited to finally own nalgenes again and I added cool stickers to them because that is what you do when you work with Reign Ministries. 
Then my good friend who I went to Nepal with in 2011, Stephanie drove up an hour and a half to visit with me for a couple hours. I haven't seen her since 2011 and actually, she is the first person from my Nepal team that I have seen face to face (outside of skype). It was so good to catch up with her! We promised not to wait another 3 1/2 years. 
 
 We have had some beautiful sunrises lately. I finally captured the beautiful colors!




Weather has been crazy last couple days. Thursday we got to leave school early because it had snowed all day (not a whole bunch though) and the roads were bad. We pretty much drove 20 mph all the way to my house. Took about an hour. 
During small group on Thursday, Chelsea made me a playdoh baby. I named him Enrique, my adopted Guatemalan baby. 
Good times in small group. (We like to do things while we have deep discussions. So we color or play with playdoh.)



 We also helped out the mailing department and stuffed letters!

And I'm down to only needing $414 left for Kairos!
WOOHOO!
God is soo good!

Thank you all so much for your support and prayers!
On Sunday we begin speaking blitz. Please keep my entire team in your prayers as we travel around Minnesota for a couple weeks and that God would open doors for us to speak into the lives of students and young adults. That they would respond to the tugging of God in their hearts. That our testimonies would impact their lives and we would have the opportunity to speak one on one with those who have questions. That these students would have courage to speak with us and ask us questions.

We leave for Honduras Feb. 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment