I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Friday, April 24, 2015

Something I have learned

So I realized today that I don't mention much about what God is doing in my life. A serious error on my part. My testimony is not to be kept for only me, but shared with all of you as well. 
Today we had a fun creative time of worship. Some of us used playdoh, others used colored pencils.
I grabbed the playdoh and began sculpting, as best you can with playdoh. 
Through this exercise I just wanted to share what God's been doing in my life.

The blue figures represent people, I am the one in front. We all have blue hearts. But I wanted God to break my heart for the things that break His. So He did. But then I realized it wasn't enough for me. So I asked God to break it further, but more so to just replace my heart with His heart for this world. And He did (is doing).
So my blue heart has fallen to the side and God replaced it with His heart. 

This year is coming to a close and if I think too hard on it, I may just cry. God has been doing so many great and wonderful things in my life and He is only getting started. But when August comes, as wonderful as it will be to see my family again and return home. I am leaving so much behind. I am leaving my two new families - my host family and my Kairos family. I am just so blessed to have been apart of this Kairos class. And even more so blessed to be with my loving host home. 

But, as bittersweet as August will be, I know there are great things in store for me in the years to come. 
So continue to pray for me as these next few months will be very busy with an outreach week, camping/canoeing trip (it will be intense and I have never camped before). Then mid June we leave for our summer mission trip (which I have yet to find out where I am going. Soon though!) 
And also be praying for my future. That God will direct my steps and open the doors that need to be opened and shut the doors that need to be shut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment