I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Weeks 26 and 27!

 Sorry it's been awhile since I last posted. The last two weeks have just flown by and have been pretty busy. So just a quick update. 
Our daily Bible reading is finally in the New Testament which I am happy to be back in this and out of the OT. 

My mom made me a cross-stitch book mark that I asked her for. My dad has the same cross but with a different verse (or no words, I can't remember). But I asked my mom to put in my favorite and most inspiring quote from one of our teachings this year. It's from a sermon by Paris Reidhead called "10 Shekels and a Shirt" and if you like listening to audio sermons, it's a fantastic sermon to listen to and it's free on youtube.
During one of our small group times, we made food art and this was my wonderful creation. It's an underwater peeps monster attacking poor iced animal crackers that are in their little submarine/air bubble things...It also ate some jelly bean fish.

So week 26 wasn't much...oh, did I mention I turned 21 on Friday? April 10th was my 21st birthday and it was a fantastic day! I am so blessed to be surrounded by so many people who care about me. 
So I started the day with skyping my parents and brothers. It was good to see them and talk with them for a few minutes. It was a chilly morning that turned into a mini snow flurry! It didn't last long but it was magical while it lasted! I loved it! God knows the details of our hearts! :)
(The pic is of me and Emily)
My host mom is the bomb and bought me a birthday cake to take to school. So we had a mid morning snack of cake. It was fantastic. And my carpool ladies bought me a minion birthday balloon and some flowers that are still alive and I love them. 
Then that night, Chelsea came over and we got all dolled up (I also took a birthday nap because I was worn out and would not have stayed conscious past ten pm.) She did our hour and make up and then we went out to Applebees with nearly the entire class. We had so much fun just hanging out in conversation and I got a virgin strawberry daiquiri which was yummy :)
Went home and drank some sparking grape juice and we were out by 1 a.m. Haha! 
It was really a great day. I very much enjoyed my day! 

Week 27 wasn't much. Nothing out of the ordinary. Emma and I led worship on Tuesday. We just did some worship songs and had a time of prayer over our prayer sticks that we did the last time we led worship. 
On Thursday, Carsten and I led group fitness. We drew extra lines around the parking lot lines and we all played line tag for 20 minutes! It was a lot of fun! And everyone seemed to really enjoy it. 
On Friday we had a Friday fun day. We drove out to Stillwater, MN and had a fun time splitting off and roaming the cute town. I roamed with Ashleigh, Chelsea and Hannah. We walked around an antique store and I bought a couple fun finds. We got coffee and ice cream and then sat by the river and stuck our feet in. We had good conversations and just soaked in some sun before it was time to leave. Lots of fun. Can't wait to go back!


Other than that, it was a normal week :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment