I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Monday, November 10, 2014

Week Four...Already?

Golly it's already been a month here in Minnesota with Kairos! Crazy how time flies! Hope you all have been enjoying my blog thus far!
Just so you know, you can always give feedback! I'd love to hear from you all!
As I sit here typing, my heart is full of joy. As you can tell from the picture, it has finally snowed here in MN!!!! And we get the day off today but I might get to that later! And yes, I do plan on playing in the snow and doing a bit of shoveling around the block.

So, this week. We watched an amazing video series on relationships by Dean Sherman. I absolutely loved it and if you ever get a chance to watch or read anything on relationships by him, I urge you to do so! It was absolutely fantastic! And it doesn't just apply to single people but also to married couples. The truth he teaches still amazes me! Every Christian should watch and learn.

I've been taking a lot of walks this week. Like 5 or 6 days out of the week. And hopefully just because it snowed I won't stop! Yesterday I took a nearly 6 mile walk with a friend! WOW! By the end we were frozen! haha but it was probably my last snow less walk. haha . I took some great pics too and just touched them up by playing with the contrast of a picture. Same with the snow ones above :)
 (<- yes, that is me in the corner taking a selfie with some other girls!)
On Friday we had a fun day. The guys and girls separated and had their own day together. The girls met at our director, Erika's house and just chilled out for the day. We watched three romantic comedies. Of course we had to watch New In Town (based in MN) then watched 27 Dresses and My Big Fat Greek Wedding. WE did our nails, covered our arms with henna tattoos and of course, ate great food. What better way to spend a girls day? We did start the day by going around to each girl and spending a moment to tell the other what gifts we see in them or what things we love about each other. I know for me, it was so encouraging and uplifting. To know how people see me makes me so happy. I'll be honest, I sometimes struggle with feeling needed or that I bring anything to a group. But to know that these girls see things in me that they are so happy I am there, wow it just made my day! To know that they love me for ME! It was definitely a needed encouragement and I hope I brought encouragement to others too!
On Saturday Scott showed Gabrielle and I how to change a tire. That was...interesting. And a lot of fun! haha. I learned I am not quite strong enough to even loosen the bolts on the tire! hahaha

 And I think on Thursday, Erika and I were twins! No, it was not planned!
 On Sunday we had our internships at church. I spend the first service with children's church. Then second service, I greeted for like ten minutes before heading down to the High school's service where me and two others shared a brief bit on who we are and how we came to Kairos, which for me is part of my testimony. So that was cool. Kind of introduced ourselves to the high schoolers.  Hopefully will build more on relationships with them.


Also been working on a lot of memory verses this weekend, frustrating and a bit hard but worth it in the end. Glad though that we get one more day to study! haha

So, why do we have today off?
On Wednesday we were going to have a Sabbatical Day. We would not go to class that day but just head over to our internships at church. They moved up our sabbatical day to today (Monday) due to the winter storm we are in. What a Sabbatical day for today looks like is to serve our host family in the morning (a usual thing for a Monday morning) but then to make sure we spend time with Jesus today. Just being in quiet time. So that is on my agenda for today, some Jesus time :) And maybe a bit of hot chocolate!!

So yeah, that was my week! I'm one month in! Nine to go but I'm not counting! I'll be enjoying every minute!! I already am :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment