I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Week Five!

Over one month in now! Fully immersed into the culture of Minnesota and the life of a Kairos student! It's been amazing thus far! I am loving it all!

Just so you know, I did send out letter updates to all of my supporters! I sent out 72 letters! I wanted to say a few things here that I totally forgot to say in the letter. But just a HUGE thank you to all of you who give. Every dollar has meant so much to me! From the smallest to the greatest, thank you! No matter the gift size you have become a part of a team that God is using to accomplish his goal for me personally. I cannot wait to see all that God has in store for me this year through the various ministries and mission trips. This week I believe we are going to a food packaging event. Can't wait to share with you all about that! I love those!
Tonight I wrote my fourth paper. We have read several books.
"In a pit with a lion on a snowy day" Mark Batterson
"Celebration of Discipline" Richard J. Foster
"Abba's Child" Brennan Manning
And a book study on Ruth.

We had to write basically long book reports on the books. What things stood out to us and what will we apply to our lives. I've really enjoyed our reading list so far. Next week is a short week because of Thanksgiving break. My hope is to get some reading done that week, personal and for school. Our next book to read is "The Pursuit of God" by A.W.Tozer and I recently got in the mail a free copy of "Revolution in World Missions." I can't spell the name of the author. lol. So we will see what all I get done! haha.

We have also been busy with memorization! I keep surprising myself with how much I have memorized and that I can remember it. All of our tests are accumulative. Here is the list of the verses I have memorized.
2 Timothy 2:1-2
Philippians 2: 3-11
Galatians 5:1
Romans 2:1-2
Galatians 3:20
Romans 6:1-2, 11-12
2 Peter 1:3a
And our next test next week will include:
Ephesians 1:4-5
Romans 8:15-16
Romans 8:28
Galatians 4:7
1 John 3:1
Matthew 22:37-40


I'm a bit of a procrastinator though when it comes to memorization. So I am a little behind in beginning to start the next set. Oops. Better get on that ASAP.
Last Friday my class got to be a part of something so cool! Our director, Erika, got engaged to the wonderful Christian! He set up a scavenger hunt date for them Friday night. But he was what she had to look for. She made like 7 stops to different locations looking for Him. Each time she was met by a group of friends or family (Or Christian's Cross country team) and that group would give her her next clue.
Our class got to be one of those stops! It was actually her last stop before she reached Christian! After her stop with us she went to an overlook over St.Paul where Christian waited for her. Guys, he is just the sweetest. He put so much thought and time into this proposal. It was so cute. And I am so thrilled that he included his cross country team that he coaches and the Kairos class that Erika leads. (And they want to wedding soon. Maybe Spring? So I'll most likely get to go! YAY! :) haha )
We all went to Fuddruckers for a late dinner where we waited for the happy couple. It was such a fun night. Erika's family surprised her and drove from Wisconsin to spend the weekend.

I also didn't have to pay for my meal at Fuddruckers which was spectacular because then I went and bought a winter hat and wool socks at target the next day. Two very much needed items for the frigid winter that has just begun. It's already dropped to single digits. Dare I say even negatives? It's cold. lol









ALSO just wanted to introduce to you all my small group. I may have done this before but they are awesome and we have awesome pictures. So in the really silly one where we are using props from Target, we have from Left to right : Chelsea with the army hat or something. Casey with the snow flake crown, me with the pirate hook, and Breanna with the police hard hat (Breanna is our small group leader) They are all amazing and I love them to pieces!

AAAND
I'M DOWN TO ONLY NEEDING $1,055!!!!!! $56 and I'll be under 1K! That is soooooo great! Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment