I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Week Six!

This week was a fun week. We had the previous director of Kairos, Kevin Rusack, come in. He spoke on the Father-Heart of God and Spiritual Warfare. Both were amazingly great teachings on both! He connected so many dots and made so much make so much sense. I have always known God loves me. I have never doubted it. But to see it play out so clearly in Scripture. To see it more clearly in verses I have ready time after time but now saw them in a whole new light. And his teachings on spiritual warfare were so applicable for daily life. He had story after story. The entire class was tuned in. We could have sat there for days and listened to him speak.  Three days on spiritual warfare and two on the father heart of God was not enough. And I think I speak for the whole class. He is a marvelous speaker!
This week I turned in a book study on the book of Ruth and also a 4 page report on Abba's Child by Brennan Manning. Really enjoyed Abba's Child but I think I will enjoy it more a second time through. I've already begun a list of things  I need to read after Kairos.
On Friday after class we went to Feed my Starving Children and packaged food for a couple hours. I can't remember all the numbers but our group and the other volunteers packaged enough meals to feed like 76 kids one meal every day for a whole year! I love food packaging event, this was my third event. It's near mindless work but has such a lasting impact on the world.


On Friday night I went to Wayzata Highschool (Where my oldest host sister goes.) She was in the pit during a play. It was a cool experience.
On Saturday night I hung out with my carpool girls, Ashleigh and Amanda. We had a great night just relaxing. We got some memorization in and some stretches. We mostly just hung out and laughed. A lot. I am really enjoying my class and getting to know them all better.
Oh and my mom is the best and ordered us pizza! :)
And during the day on Saturday I helped my host mom put up the Christmas tree! We had fun and I drank eggnog :)






 Many thanks to all of you for your continued support! You all are the best!
(I have the best host sister! She braids my hair and I get to have curly hair! I LOVE curly hair!)


No comments:

Post a Comment