I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Friday, October 17, 2014

Week One!

 Week One is DONE! 
It has been an intense week here in Minnesota. SO much has happened, it is hard to actually figure out where to start. But I guess I will start with where I left off last week.
We left 3 pm on Friday and did not reach Minneapolis until around 11 pm Saturday night. We did stop over night in KY and stopped for every meal to give the car a rest.
It was not a bad drive at all. We were very blessed! Our worst trouble was Sat. night, reaching the nice hotel and finding out that our reservation did not make it from hotels.com to the actual hotel. Weird. So we had to stay at, in all honesty, a sketchy Super 8. Let's just say, it gave me some anxiety before bed time. But I can be overly paranoid too.
SUNDAY: The day I have been waiting for for over 10 months! Finally meeting my team and host family! It was a great day. I am so very very blessed beyond measure where God has put me. I love my neighborhood. Ya'll, it is truly beautiful. Tomorrow I plan on adventuring out to the lake that is only a couple blocks a way. Great way to get some exercise in and also get to know the area and spend some quiet time with God near His creation. And my host family, wonderful! A little about them : The Tripps. Three daughters, one dog and one cat. The girls are 17, 15, and 11. I am enjoying my time with them so much already!
MONDAY: Monday was a very early morning. I had to be to the office/school by like 7 am. I did not get any chances to unpack. We all met at the school (my class) and loaded up into two vans and drove around two hours to Camp Shamineau. It is a awesome camp. Located right on a lake. And actually really yummy food! We began our orientation for Kairos there. Began to get to know everyone by fun games and began learning how to work together as a team by some team building exercises. They were difficult but fun. The weather was absolutely amazing! We also did a high ropes course. This is where I will start getting 'deep' with you. So if you know me at all, you know I HATE heights. More like I am scared out of my mind when I am up super high. I get dizzy around 20 ft up (ya know, without harnesses or railings) So in the back of my mind I kept telling myself, "No, I am not doing any of these high ropes courses. They are too high up." Well, I had to get a harness and helmet, even if I wasn't going to do anything. So I took them, still thinking I wouldn't try. Well, long story short, I ended up zip lining for the first time ever. I screamed a little and closed my eyes for most of it. Pretty scary at first. But at the end, WOW was it fun! So I did it a second time. And didn't scream or shut my eyes.
After that, I was feeling pretty confident. And suddenly, the large tower for repelling didn't seem too bad. So, I climbed up to the top. And that's when I started realizing how huge of a mistake I was making. What was I thinking??? In all honesty, it probably took me 10 minutes to actually make it over the ledge. Yes, I was strapped in, no I was not going to fall. But wow was it terrifying. I finally made it over the ledge and began my descent, inch by inch. The ground never felt soo good! But I look back on it now and am so happy I did it. I stepped outside of my comfort zone (40 ft above it actually) I did something that scared me. I lived life. I didn't hide. I won't have regrets. (NO, I will not regret missing out on the other high ropes courses. My heart would have stopped. Just saying...)
Tuesday was more classes for orientation which we did a lot outside. It just felt blissful in that weather. To me, anyway.
WEDNESDAY: Was a short day. They let us sleep in and leave school later. I was finally able to unpack my room and get some laundry done. Or maybe just unpack. Days begin to blur together.
THURSDAY: We all went up to Taylor Falls, MN, right on the border of Wisconsin. Actually, we all went to a DQ in Wisconsin! One more state checked off my list ;) haha) We spent the day hiking to one area, having a teaching on a spiritual discipline and repeated the process. We hiked over four miles that day. A lot of it was uphill stairs. NO. FUN. My legs felt like they would give way until I stopped for five seconds and tried again. So we totally earned those DQ's!!



 But wow, can I just take a minute to stop and show you all the beauty of MN? The fall leaves were beautiful! The weather was fantastic! I have never been so surrounded by yellow leaves in my life!

The fall in MN is absolutely beautiful.

FRIDAY: We learned more on spiritual disciplines and practiced what we learned. Also had my first memorization test which I aced and will say again below!

2 Timothy 2:1-2
"You then my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others."

So Yah! It's been a long week. But it's been good! I'm working hard trying to pick up the accent haha
Next week begins the first week of the real stuff. It will have more of a routine which I am looking forward to.
So, some things that I have ahead of me.
-daily scripture reading and quiet time
-mandatory 3 sessions of cardio work outs and one strength training per week.
- two 5K's at the beginning then one at the end of Kairos. (Fitness is an important part of Kairos)
-small group meetings
-lots of memorization
-reading books and writing reports.
-classes
-bible studies

So yah! Keep me in your prayers!
-unspoken
- A dear supporter is currently very ill in the hospital and it is looking grim. Please keep her in your prayers.
- My small group, that we may bond in incredible ways this year. Chelsea, Casey, Breanna and myself.
-Down to $1,510 left to raise!
-Other finances such as gas and trip supplies

If you'd ever like to send me anything :

245 Walker Avenue, N.
Wayzata, MN 55391

Love you all! Thank you so much!

Beka
बेका



No comments:

Post a Comment