I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Wednesday, September 24, 2014

T- 16 Days

That's right! I leave in 16 days! It's crazy how time flies. It feels so real yet unreal at the same time.
As of today, I am down to $2,820 left to raise!

(Before I continue, if you are reading this post, GREAT! I just want to ask and make sure you also "Join this Site" or let me know you are receiving the emails! I just want to keep track of who all is staying updated! Thanks!)

At the beginning of the month, I sent out a second round of support letters. In these letters I said, "If I can raise $1,000 this month, I will dye my hair a crazy color (I asked for votes and so far I have only gotten one vote. haha)
Well, as of today, September 23rd, 2014, I have raised $1,084 this month alone!!!

Guess I will be dying my hair in couple weeks!
BUT I also said that if I could finish my fundraising this month, my entire family would dye their hair the same color and we would all go out in public together, as a celebration for reaching the end!
I am soo close to seeing my Dad, -The History Teacher, The Football Coach, The Manly-Man, 6 foot something MAN with pink or purple hair. Come on! How many daughters get to see that in their lifetime? Haha! PRAY HARD that I get to see this come true!

This weekend I am going down to visit with my Aunt and Uncle and their kids. It will be great to see them and hang out with them before I leave.

Next week is my last week at Publix. So far I am only scheduled 2 shifts (one more this week). So I only have 3 to go! Though I am hoping and praying that I can get an extra one or two for Thursday and Friday. Gotta finish strong!

Going to be starting to pack soon.
It's a little overwhelming to think about all the changes coming up so soon!
One  more Sunday at my church.
Two more youth services on Wednesday nights.
Three more shifts at Publix.
16 more days at home.

Today I spoke at my old school, Praise Academy (Here in Powder Springs, GA).
I spoke about Nepal, Colombia, and Kairos.
There were over 300 students and faculty in chapel today. God gave me the peace I needed, when I needed it.

And lastly, it was 5 years ago this month that God first place a call into missions into my heart. Forever thankfull!!!
5 years ago, I was sitting in a chapel service, just like the one I spoke at, in the exact same room. My life has never been the same! :)

Until next time!

Love,

Beka
बेका 

No comments:

Post a Comment