I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I just blinked...

I swear, I blinked and it's summertime! Wow!

Well, our week after boundary waters was a time of debriefing a lot of things. We debriefed our trip, our year. We had a day of rest and spent time in our small groups for the last time before summer.
We also went to Valley Fair, an amusement park. It was so much fun! I'm not one for heights so I stay away from roller coasters. But that day, I rode all but like 3 of the rides. I didn't do the insane rides, just the normal ones that were still scary. haha but like I said, I had a lot of fun. It was great to just relax and hang out with my friends. This was one of our last times together.
 Then began our week of rest. I was so blessed to have been able to fly home for a few days and spend time with my parents and brothers. I've really missed them a lot. 
I came back to MN and spent the last of my time of break just relaxing. 

Tomorrow morning I leave for WI for 2 1/2 weeks. This is training camp. It's a special time of preparation before the teams head overseas, so before I head to Scotland. The first week will be training for being a staff discipler. The second week is when the students finally come and we all start getting to know each other. 
I said it is a special time for a couple reasons.
1. I am meeting new people and making new friends but more than that, we are becoming a family.
2. As great as it is to make new friends and grow close, I miss my own family and friends. 
I also will have limited communication during this time. I can only send snail mail (as long as I have stamps). 
To make this time easier on everyone, there are two ways family and friends can communicate with someone at training camp.

These options are available June 10th through the 27th. (Not later because we start leaving on the 28th. So it must come before then!)

1. Hilltop Express. 
This is an email that you can fill out and send to me! I will get it that day or the next day in printed form, something I can keep for the whole summer and re read when I need encouragement. I can tell you from past experience that these emails were a big deal. I loved getting them and I still have all that I got 4 years ago on my first trip.  If you send it by 3pm I will get it that day.
Just fill out the form. Remember, it's - Beka Kopenski - Scotland 


2. Care packages!

Care packages are the bomb. It's so awesome to get a package and open it up to see treats that I love. It's like Christmas in the summer. If that is something you'd like do to (and include a letter in it) It not only encourages me but it will encourage those around me that I will no doubt most likely share with. 
So here is a few things that I like : mint gum, goldfish (cheddar), Golden graham cereal bars, ***berry propel packets(99% of what I'll be drinking this summer is water. So berry propel is a nice and yummy way to shake things up a bit), airborne citris chewable tablets, extra stamps so I can mail home or a thank you to you!, extra cash for airport spending (I'll be doing a lot of traveling in airports this summer and extra cash to get a cheeseburger or a desperately needed coffee is a gift from above, and a black cardigan sweater size XL (target should still sell them and I like that style). I mention this because it is something I wanted for this trip but have not been able to get on my own. 

THIS IS IMPORTANT. PLEASE. If you send anything in a care package would you please pack it up in ziploc bags before it's in the box. And maybe throw in several more ziploc bags (Especially 2 gallon sized bags. I'm running low on those and they are the best size for packing my clothes in). 

***The items after the asterisks are more needed/important that the others. 
 
You can send packages to:

Royal Servants 
Beka Kopenski - Scotland 
W4797 State Rd. 33
Pardeeville, WI 53954

I look forward to hearing from you over the next couple weeks!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment