I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Saturday, March 21, 2015

Week 23!

I am in the center right under Dora with the yellow shirt. And apparently it is a tradition for Kairos classes after the scavenger hunt to take a picture with Dora. haha
 Our first full week back was great! At the beginning of the week we learned about our strengths. We took the strength finders test (If you have ever taken it and know your strengths, please share! I'd love to know more about you in that way!) Strength finders fascinated me! It was so cool to see how my class' strengths play out in our day to day lives. And it was cool to be able to put to words what I've only ever just noticed.

So if you were wondering, these were my top 5 strengths in order :
1. Responsibility
2. Discipline
3. Achiever
4. Restorative
5. Intellect ion

The first four strengths are Executing strengths and the last one is a Strategic strength. And now I don't remember what exactly that means. haha
But it was super cool to learn more and say for sure that yes, these are my top strengths and I see them in my everyday life.


The rest of the week we learned more on Leadership and our very own Tom Ives, director of Royal Servants came and spoke. It was amazing to hear his story of how he was practically thrust into leadership and how God used him.
Wednesday we had internships which was so fun to get back to! I felt like for the first time, I connected really well with my small groups that I am apart of. Which is 7th grade girls and 11th grade girls.

On Monday alot of us went and got our free cones from Dairy Queen. Yum!
Thursday was our cat Okin's birthday! He turned 1! He is such a fun little guy! Helps me not miss my kitties too much.
Saturday we went roller skating through my church that I intern at. It was alot of fun, painful but fun. Great memories!
On Friday our class went to the Mall of America and had a scavenger hunt...we had to find our staff! We had one hour and were split up into teams. We were allowed to use twitter to check for updates on our staffs location. Out of 7 staff, my team only found 2! Another team found 4! Some of hte staff were not found by anyone! haha! It was a great time, alot of running around. One of our staff changed so drastically that he walked right through one of the teams, literally could have touched them. Being the funny guy that he is, he snapped a picture of one of our guys walking past him, arms length away. And no one noticed!
I even saw one of our lady staff. I stared at her for 10 seconds and went "Nah, it's not her." I also walked right past her later on! And when I saw her at the end and realized it really was her, oh man! haha
But it was so fun. And wow, it was my first trip to MOA and it's crazy huge!!!! I mean it has to be to have a small amusement park inside....

So yeah! It was a pretty great week!
Also, thanks to a gift card, I had a nice treat! A large iced white mocha with cinnamon dulce drink from Starbucks. So refreshing!
The weather has gotten slightly more chilly but still beautiful!

Monday is my teaching so I have a busy weekend ahead to prepare for that and get a bunch of other work and projects done.

Prayers are greatly appreciated for some unspoken requests. Thanks!!








No comments:

Post a Comment