I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Saturday, July 9, 2011

I am here!

so after days of traveling my team made it to Kathmandu, Nepal :) And at the moment I am typing on a hard keyboard so excuse my horrible typing. We visited the Monkey Temple yesterday which was a real eye opener. I saw a woman crying and screaming and wailing in front of an idol and apparently she was doing other crazy like things that even the nepali people around her didn't think that was normal. We wonder if she might have been possessed. which is a crazy idea for me to think i might have seen a possessed woman. I saw people give money and bow to idols. I saw many things.
the streets are pretty messy. lots of trash and smells (bad) that take getting used to. The streets are small and crammed with cars,busses and scooters not to mention that thier streets are teh sidewalks so you ahve to walk along side wtih trafic 2 inches away from you. It gets pretty scary.
Today was the first time we actually got out to look around. It is still taking time to get used it and is freaky too. The trafic scares me haha
Went to church today (yes on satrday) and it was pretty cool. It was awesome to see all those people worshipping God in another language. We had translators so we heard the sermon . though I didnt particuarly agree with the pastor, it was very good.
Right now i am at an internet cafe and after this we are getting dinner then meeting back at the hotel.
Though nepal is crazy haha I am enjoying my time. we haven't gotten into ministry just yet but I am sure we will soon. I think i am getting over jet lag but now i am starting to get a cold :( not fun. please pray it goes away.
Love you all and I will try and keep you updated!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beka! I read your post a couple of times now and the thing that impresses me the most is you getting to see the reality (apart from the Scriptures)of what worshiping idols is really like, pretty powerful stuff. Sam wants to pray for the women you thought may be possessed, your right, that is scary. Your description of what you have seen is pretty vivid, stay safe out there. I can't wait to see the monkey temple pics! Sam says...Hi sissy, I miss you so much! When you come back, can you play with me? What is so freaky? Love ya, Daddy and Sammy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beka,

    We are praying for you! I'm very proud of you and trust that your time there will be a blessing to you, your teammates, and those to whom you're ministering.


    Adam

    ReplyDelete