I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Monday, April 11, 2011

Open my eyes

I sent this to my team that is going to Nepal and I hope it helps not only them but maybe some of you as well :)

There are a few times in the Bible where men’s eyes were opened to the glory of the Lord. Such was the case in Genesis 21:19, Numbers 22:31, 2 Kings 6:17 and Luke 24:30-31. In the wonderful devotional book “This day with the master” by Dennis F. Kinlaw, he writes a three day devotional called “Opened eyes” (March 3-6). On the first day of the devotional he talks about a missionary friend who had a burden from God to feed thousands of widows and orphans but all he had was the dream to do it. God “opened his eyes” and showed him how to fulfill his calling and this man was able to feed eighteen thousands of widows and orphans each day. At the end of the devotional, Kinlaw says this, “Has God given you a burden? Somewhere there are resources for you to meet that responsibility. You must have his quickening touch on the eyes of your imagination so you can see the resources that are available to you.” Now I read this at a time not too long ago that I was having some real doubts. I knew God called me to go to Nepal but I didn’t know how I could get the money for it. I had people that were not really meaning to but ended up sowing seeds of doubt in my heart and it didn’t feel good to me. After I read this I prayed (every time I remembered) that God would open my eyes to the resources He has planned for my trip. And I promise you, every time I prayed that and truly felt 100% into that prayer, God showed up and had if not one, but multiple people tell me they were going to send money for me. And today, it happened again! I prayed that prayer and I had someone tell me that they (and friends) would be able to give me a minimum of $500 and up to $700!! What makes that even better was that a few months ago they told me they might be able to get me $400 and that number grew to $500-$700!! Can I get an amen?? Haha!! Also today my school told me they would be able to give $200! Once this money gets in, along with three other checks I am expecting to get in soon, I will have over $3,000 for my trip! God is doing so much that I could never have expected back in January 2009!! So I just wanted to share this encouragement with all of you who are still struggling. I know what it is like because last year, that was me. I encourage all of you to pray the prayer and ask God to open your eyes to the resources He has planned for all of our trip! Good luck and God’s speed to you all!

Oh and if you don’t have a daily devotional book, I really think this is an amazing devotional book that is worth taking a look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment