I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Friday, April 22, 2011

My minute with the Master of Suspense!


Well tonight was an unforgettable night for me! I got to meet none other than the Master of Suspense, Ted Dekker! I got my picture taken with him and my copy of 'The Priest's Graveyard" signed by him. Sorry, this was the best pic that was taken. The man taking pictures didn't get one of either or us looking up. haha anyway. It was great. When he first got there I just happened to look beside me to see who was walking by and it was him!!! I like lost my breath haha. He even took a video of all the fans. Oh and did I mention that I was FIRST in line??? He talked about his book and the justice in it. "Everyone is twisted. I mean, come on! Who wants to be straight?" ~Ted Dekker. That line was the most awkwardly funny line ever! We all laughed it off and then he began his book signing. Oh and when he first got there, I teared up. Yes, I the girl who doesn't cry while watching the sad movie 'Soul Surfer' almost cried because Ted Dekker was standing less than five feet away! So I got to talk to him and I believe I told him I love his books. At least, I hope I told him. I had all this stuff planned out to say and didn't say any of it. Oh well. I am just glad I got to meet him.

Well this was was an answered prayer, how silly it may sound. I prayed for this. A few weeks ago Ted Dekker had this 'Share the Love event' and you could reserve and buy a bundle of buying copies of the Priest's Graveyard and you would get all this stuff for free depending on how many you bought. Well I almost did it. I almost bought 8 copies of the book so I could get a backstage pass to meet Ted Dekker! My heart literally flipped out and I was very close to actually doing it. Well then I began to think about my trip and if I bought all 8 books it would cost a lot of money that I didn't know if I would be getting back for my birthday or not. So in the end I chose to save my money. But in doing that I asked God that I would be able to meet Ted Dekker another time since this was a sacrifice for me. I mean Ted Dekker is my hero and I was ready to spend as much as I needed to meet him. So that was my prayer to God and I left it at that.
Well then last week I saw that he was coming to Atlanta for a public book signing!! I talked to my parents and we had it settled. I was going to meet him. And that was what I did! We got there are 5pm and the signing technically was going to start at 7pm but there was a change of plans and it started at 6pm. We got there at the perfect time and was first in line!

Tonight was amazing and I am so glad I got to meet him. He is my hero and inspiration when I write my stories. I only hope that one day I may have the honor of being as well known as him.

No comments:

Post a Comment