I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Friday, January 23, 2015

Week 14!

This past week was our first week of Speaking Blitz! It was an incredible week. Definitely had it's ups and downs. We started on Sunday and traveled through Friday. Today (Sat.) was our first day off. Some days are longer than others. We have traveled to schools for chapel services and we have spoken at youth groups on Wednesday night or Sunday school. It's been so cool to go through this time with my team. We have done a lot of traveling. I hope to, by the end, have a map of all the places we have visited.
I've had some great conversations with some genuinely interested girls. I'm excited to catch up with them and see where they are at. We have been so busy though I haven't had time to connect.
Today was great to sleep in and get lots done. Super productive day.
This last week wasn't all just travel and speaking. We had some fun times as well.
We visited Como Zoo. I haven't been to a zoo in years. It was so fun but it was a little sad too. The animals looked really depressed. Not all, but most. Still neat to see the different animals.






We also, during a spur of the moment drive by, we had the opportunity to visit a nearby Cambodian Buddhist Temple. So neat and I felt transported back in time to Nepal. I only got two pictures. Not sure why so few. But the Guardian lion I photographed was the same kind of guardian lion I saw in Nepal.






The picture on the left is from the Cambodian Temple in MN. The one on the right is from Nepal. So similar! Kind of.





This week we also talked more about our fast approaching trip to Honduras! Got some more information and realized there are a few more things I will need to have with me, especially depending on what team I am put on. We will be splitting up into two teams for one week (the middle chunk of the trip). One team will be staying at The Farm. The Farm is a place in the middle of beautiful country. It's a missions base. They are always taking in teams and housing them. They have bunk beds and such. I believe we will be working with Mercy International?
The second team will be heading up into the mountains. It's a steep 3-4 hour hike. They will primarily be focusing on construction, a vbs and small groups. This will be the more physically challenging. Maybe.
I should find out at the end of this next week which of the two teams I will be on. The two will come  back together and head out to the coast of Honduras and spend several days there for debriefing. (and we will have 4-5 days at the beginning together). I'm getting really excited for Honduras! And the weather may be a whole lot nicer than I firs thought! Then again, I've only ever traveled down south during the summer, never this early in the year :)

Thank you so much for your prayers!

For a few days I had an impromptu roommate. Chelsea, one of the girls in my small group, was banished from her house until the Flu subsided from several members of her host family. We were more than happy to let her stay with us! We had a ton of fun! We made several videos which I will post to the bottom. We just were silly and enjoyed each other's company. We went shopping and got ice cream, even in the freezing temperatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment