I Will Follow You

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17 (NIV)
"Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"
I will follow-Chris Tomlin


Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Weeks 15 and 16 and Intro to Honduras!

Hey everyone! I apologize for the delay! It's been a busy couple weeks! We wrapped up Speaking Blitz with a two day trip up north for debriefing. It was a great time spent with my team in the frigid north! Actually, it wasn't that cold out! I had the chance to walk on a frozen lake and ride a four wheeler (never rode one before) on the lake as well! My first experience on a frozen lake! And I watched as a few of our team got to ice fish! No one caught anything though. I also collected firewood for a fire we weren't able to have on the lake. Oh well.. Still fun!

This last week we prepped for Honduras. We worked on testimonies and teachings and created a VBS to do with kids. I helped create and teach the small skit on Zacchaeus. We had a lot of fun. I also made the props for the skit (beards, leaves and money). Hopefully someone at some point during the trip will record out skit. I hope so because it's hilarious...And a lot of fun. I'm excited to perform it for the little kids.

This last week has also been about getting our hearts ready for our trip. We have spent a lot of time in prayer nad worship and encouraging one another. We listened to an amazing audio sermon called 'Ten Shekels and a Shirt' by Paris Reidhard. It was amazing and I encourage you to listen. I mean, it was PHENOMENAL!

Well, as for Honduras. We leave bright and early in the morning! Most of us will be spending the night at the Reign Ministries office. We leave there at 3am and our flight to ATL leaves at 5:30. We will be in Honduras around lunch time.
Please keep my team in your prayers!
Specifically for these things:
-health (It's a dangerous thing, even bring a small cold to the remote villages of Honduras.) And also to just not get anything there or any injuries.
-Individual humility creates corporate unity. That is what we want as a team.
-travel days are long and hard, especially when they start as early as ours will.
-to be flexible and open to what God would have us do.

Thank you all so much for helping me get to where I am! I cannot wait to update you all about Honduras.
Well, so long for now! I'll be back in the states Friday, February 20th.

Oh, and I am down to only needing $329 for Kairos! Woohoo!
Though I may have a couple unexpected costs arise as the summer approcahes, such as visa fees. I will keep you updated!  But anything raised beyond the last $329 will go towards visa fees, spending money and anything else I may need.
If you would like to donate online, here is a link!



https://www.egsnetwork.com/gift2/?giftid=3C14F4E1-28B3-4FC4-8A37-F3611508F638

No comments:

Post a Comment